About Me

My photo
Bits and pieces about life as we puddle through day to day....hope you enjoy! ps it's nice to read comment feed back..please share!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Prawn and Noodle Soup (low GI)

Well on this fine journey to a slimmer and healthier me I have become more interested in food- good food. I thought I would share one of my favourite recipes. (I sourced it from a book titled 'Quick Cooking for Diabetes great tasting food in 30 minutes or less' by Louise Blair &Norma McGough)

Prawn and Noodle Soup
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable or chicken stock
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 lemon grass stalk, lightly bruised
150g (5oz) dried egg noodles
50g (2oz) frozen peas
50g (2 oz) frozen sweetcorn
100g (3 1/2oz) lage cooked and peeled prawns
4 spring onions, sliced
2 teaspoons soy sauce

1. Put the stock into a saucepan with the lime leaves and lemon grass, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.

2. Add the noodles to the stock and cook according to packet instructions. After 2 minutes, add the peas,sweetcorn,prawns,spring onions and soy sauce. Serve in individual bowls.

Kcals -187
Protein-10 g
Carbohydrate-30g
Fat- 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment