About Me

My photo
Bits and pieces about life as we puddle through day to day....hope you enjoy! ps it's nice to read comment feed back..please share!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I have a dream!

Life is so full, but today I thought I would ponder my future. What is it that I would most like 'become'on my journey? What am I creating to help my family prosper? Although the answers of these questions and many like them are far reaching, I believe that like most things in life if I search the scriptures and pray and ponder that the answers will become clearer to me.
So, to begin...In looking at prosperity I am not alone in my pondering of such things. Across contless generations have these things been written...1 Nephi 2:20, Jarom 1:9, Mosiah 1:7, Alma 37:13;49;30;50;20 
"If ye keep commandments, ye shall prosper"
It can't be much clearer than that! I guess, then in the living of Lehi's dream(1 Nephi Chapter 8) to walk unwavering the strait and narrow path we become more ready to receive the 'fruits'of HIS blessing.
I like everyone that I know often over look these blessings each day. It is only when I STOP and pray with a grateful heart for these blessings that  I even mentally acknowledge these otherwise insurmountable feats. I am reminded of revelation given by Elder David A. Bednar ...

"The tender mercies of the Lord are real. They do not occur randomly or by coincidence."
 Now, that I have established that I have come to discover that I must strive to live the commandments to the best of my ability - nothing like setting a MEGA sized goal straight up on my journey to prosperity :) The one thing that stands out for me about Jesus was that he 'created' so much in his own likeness. He created a beautiful world with stars,trees, plants and wildlife -for me, the world created was purposeful and not without perfection like himself. I believe that in order for me and my family to prosper I need to also 'create'. Unlike Lehi in his very specific dream, I have a dream that I can create things to remind people about the 'Light of God' and in the Importance of staying Clean (Spiritually speaking ). I am about to embark on the journey of creating and marketing my own "candles and soaps'' to prosper as promised in scripture.
Have I ever made soap or candles? NO! Have I all the equipment to do it? NO! Do I know about marketing and sales trends of home industries? NO! ........I think that just like when Jesus created the world - it took TIME, when Nephi and Noah built there ships having never crafted one before I believe it was there FAITH that enabled their craft to develop, when Joseph Smith and the early saints endured such hardships not only was there faith developed but their resolve to stand for TRUTH. I too hope to grow in my KNOWLEDGE that "  he is like a crefiner’s dfire, and like fuller’s soap; " I want to be able to look back to today and remember a point in time where i set my worthy goal out, pondering it , praying for his guidance in it all that I may in the process be 'refined' and come to know HIM as I come to learn of soap and candles.





No comments:

Post a Comment