About Me

My photo
Bits and pieces about life as we puddle through day to day....hope you enjoy! ps it's nice to read comment feed back..please share!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thoughts from Conference

A link in case you missed some of it…..
http://lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng
Tonight my head is swimming with thoughts. A feeling of inspired renewal is my heartfelt lift towards my purpose in life.
Francis said when asked of his favourite bits from Conference :
*President Thomas S. Monson said, to be uplifted,be inspired as we learn during general Conference.
* “When Elder Ulchdorf said,
 “Families can be stronger , like rope, if we work together”
*Also, when Ulchdorf quoted Saint Francis of Assisi as having said,
“Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words” In other words – be a good example!
Paddy’s favourite bit was:
*Thomas S Monson spoke of the importance of temples and always striving to have a current recommend and to know it is a sacred place.
  *Sister Jean A Stevens said,
Children pay tithing and  grow in obedience”. 
Me…my thoughts:
* my most favourite was from Richard Maynes, who said,:
“Create a Christ
Centred Home!”
*L.Tom Perry (Quorum of the 12) said,
Make the Saviour the Centre of our Lives”…
Be though an example…..of the believers”
*Quentin L Cook said, :
Latter Day Saint Women are Incredible”
*Elder Ulchdorf in addition to Francis’ quote about Saint Francis which hit a chord with me, said :
Move forward in Faith &
don’t wait too long on the road to Damascus”
Hearken to the promptings of the Spirit &
then be Eager to follow them…hear his whisperings & respond”
Turn down the noise”
* Paul V. Johnson of the 70 said,
The only way to see the view…
is to take the trek”
* H.David Burton quoted David O’Mackay as having said,
We should be interested in the temporal help people need.”
* President Thomas Monson closed the conference saying.
May we be examples of Honesty & Integrity wherever we go & whatever we do”.


There were many more..but while we ponder these few…I will share more in the weeks to come.
These quotes are more than words to me…..for they are my ‘desire’ for me and my beautiful family and in doing so I pray we too will ‘become’.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, thoroughly enjoyed Conference! What a wonderfully uplifting experience we are so blessed to enjoy thanks to the wonders of technology! (Although secretly I habour a HUGE desire to see it in 'real life'!)
    I was particularly touched by Elder Richard G. Scott's talk. He clearly adored his wife and cant wait to be with her again (...MY husband had better pine like that when Im gone!!...) LOL :)

    ReplyDelete