About Me

My photo
Bits and pieces about life as we puddle through day to day....hope you enjoy! ps it's nice to read comment feed back..please share!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tuesday..day two!

I have reflected much this morning about how all this effects my family...and our being a 'forever' family...I need to remain on this goal to strengthen me as an individual so that i can be a strength to them as a mother and a wife.
I was moved to near tears when in an ajoining room today i heard my oldest son correcting his younger brother by challenging him to 'think' (CTR but without saying it) ...you see little mate as he is often known was about to copy his father's long embeded habit of pouring honey all over his other wise healthy weet-bix! I heard "Do you remember how nuts you went at mum yesterday after doing that...do you really think that it's a good idea to do it again?" I was so heartened by this suggestion to 'reflect'/'ponder...indeed it was a fleeting moment when i felt LOVED by a child who rarely expresses 'with ease' his affection.
He made me wonder not about my hubby's habits but that of my own that i am teaching my children - good and bad. I think that my commitment to losing this weight is a way of teaching myself that 'i can do hard things' and that not only am i worth it- but so are they :)

Today i have had:
special K with low fat milk (about a cup each)
a medium gi whole peach that just tasted heavenly.
water #1,#2,#3 &#4 already so that i don't spend half the night in the loo :)
lunch-
10 king prawns...yummo, with one piece of low gi weight loss brugen bread spread with cottage cheese,with a large (2 cup salad) cosisting of mushrooms,spinach,lettuce,1tbsp avocado,3 cherry tomatoes,cucumber. All generously covered in half a lemon squeezed (mmm yum my mouth waters just at the memory of it all :)

I am going to swim laps for 20 mins/hydrotherapy exercises today to ease the inflammation of arthritis.
vegan stir fry for dinner (about 2 cups), with some apple and watermelon for dessert.
because i am writing this paragraph ahead of time - i will not highlight things/food until achieved.

off to get ready for my swim :)
back again...12 laps in 20 mins of town pool (which i think is 50 metres)water #5 #6 drank ad that not even counting the pool water i choked on!

No comments:

Post a Comment