About Me

My photo
Bits and pieces about life as we puddle through day to day....hope you enjoy! ps it's nice to read comment feed back..please share!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time for Change

It has been ages since i last blogged...and that in itself tells me much! Life has been it's usual busy full of blessings and trials to help me learn what it is i am needing to learn. However, I am working on a PLAN... I would like to lose weight and lots of it...i figure i am carrying an extra 50kg and it is time to get rid of them!So in an effort to 'face  up to the facts' i have decided to blog this journey because i figure it won't happen over night but it will be a slow and steady goal achieved by grit and determination.

The need to adjust my diet to a low GI is a choice for now but if i don't lose weight i figure that it will be a necessity with time to fight diabetes from obesity. For too long, i have eaten to mask and hide some very ugly and painful scars from life's educational rollercoaster. However, unlike on a rollercoaster at times i could not scream or cry....at times i could just hang on and chew my way through emotions until i can no longer recognize myself.

Rule no. 1 to learn and remember: I am not my body!!!
Rule no. 2 to be applied: when i fall down i need to get up and finish the race...failure is to not try!!
Rule no. 3 exercise is not the enemy it needs to be a habit!
Rule no. 4 Be true to myself and those around me!

ok here goes:
today began with the usual 'don't want to face the day kind of feeling' but having worked out my plan last night it was time to begin!line upon line precept upon precept!
Tuesday:
i began with a pear, skipping my usual decaf coffee. within about two hours i needed an apple...note to self buy some cereal (special k) and yogurt.
i enjoyed reading 4 chapters of a book titled  " I hate it when exercise is the answer- a fitness program for the soul" by emily watts . It arrived this morning from deseret books (oh what timing)!!
With the usual busy school day routine at home i managed to squeeze in some laundry to be folded and some to be washed- gotta love sheet day! It didn't take long for the dilemma of lunch to be upon me...hmm need to plan ahead better for tomorrow........
but i ate  53grams (half a small can)of pink salmon (major coo for me cos i really can't eat tinned fish without a major intolerance rearing it's head.) spinach, lettuce,capsicum, cucumber,avocado and about a tablespoon of cheese.(about a cup of rabbit food in total)
i replaced my usual decaf with a cup of water #1, realising that my sipping was going to make drinking 6 cups by the end of the day a to be improved on area!
i downloaded some inspiring talks onto my phone to 'enthuse me' to go for a walk later today...sipping cup of water #2. I have come to relise that if i try to include the saviour in this plan i might have a hope of 'growing- whilst slimming down'
Some supportive texts from a friend and an email from a friend in the states has inpired me to 'share this goal journey' in an effort to remain true and at the same time feel the loving support of friends (when the going gets tough)
ok that is enough for now, i am off to listen to my inspirational talk and walk the botanic gardens before picking up some fish for tea at the cold stores. :) love ya
...a few hours later...
i managed to walk around the lake twice in 20 minutes and consumed water #3 at the end of it, whilst feeling quietly pleased with myself. I immediately felt pain in the ankles so i think some swimming tomorrow will be good.The kids had lots of fun keeping up the pace whilst taking in the enjoyment of ducks and lizards  of the gardens...we had many a laugh together.So maybe exercise is a good cure for depression :)
To go to the cold stores straight after made for some magnicent 'cool' down from exercise. Fitted in some quick low gi shopping...then home to tuck into 8 king prawns and two cups of salad mix (capsicum,lettuce,spinach,mushrooms,carrot,cucumber,half a tomato) topped of with fresh lemon juice from half a lemon. two slices of brugen low gi bread with low fat cottage cheese saw me as full as. ( the bread was an after thought cos i realised i had no dairy or grains during the day ).
water #4 is now being swallowed while i scribe and reflect on the day. My idea to listen to the talks whilst walking proved to be really helpful in keeping me going as well as zoning out the distractions of motherhood which allowed me some time for myself whilst enjoying the company of my little men.water#5 now on the go!Better look into how many king prawns would be a 'sparingly' serve..cos they were yummy!
And with the promise of water #6  having been poured ...i will drink it after a refreshing shower! A good day one...proving to me I CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment